Every digging project requires contacting Alabama 811 — even small projects like planting shrubs and trees, building a deck, installing a mailbox or fence. This complies with the requirements of Alabama’s Underground Damage Prevention Law, and helps prevent undesired consequences and possible service disruptions to your neighborhood.
Call Pickens County Gas Board or Alabama One Call to have gas mains and services located.
- Alabama One Call Website: www.al811.com
- Alabama Line Location Center: 1-800-292-8525 or 811
- Pickens County Gas Board: (205) 373-2889
Have the following information ready
- Company Telephone Number
- Company Name
- Location of excavation site
- Nearest Intersection
- Type of work
- Date and Time work is to begin
- Call two working days before you dig
If you cause a gas line break:
- Abandon equipment
- Leave area quickly
- Warn others
- Notify the Pickens County Gas Board at (205) 373-2889
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PUT OUT A GAS PIPELINE FIRE!
Call 811 two working days before you dig, drill, or blast in order to have underground utility lines located.
Pickens County Natural Gas